Friday, April 22, 2011

Journal #8

I read "Type Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry" and "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Typeface"
Both were very interesting. I found it entertaining that so many people used the typeface Futura. I guess my views on Futura are similar to those of Helvetica and therefore i don't use it. Ever. A couple fonts that are similar to Futura are Gotham, Rotis, or Trade Gothic. Gotham is probably the closest because the majority of the letters are very round. I prefer Gotham because the 'm' is less harsh.
In "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Typeface" I would have to agree with the author. It is easy to pick your favorite typefaces and just stick to those and use them for everything. But when looking at all the other typefaces out there it is fun to explore your options. It is also very easy to use way too many typefaces at once. I try to stick with two maybe three for a project so it doesn't get too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment